That’s a wrap on Week 1. I’ll do Week 2 then start over, as I’m doing a 12-week program over 14 weeks.
- Four official programmed runs: 16.67 miles (Run 4 was way longer than prescribed, but whatever)
- Total mileage for the week (7 days, #keepthestreak, #rwrunstreak): 20.98
- Avg page for the week: 10:00/mile (I have no idea if this is going to be relevant, given the speedwork, tempos, and increasingly long endurance runs, but it should be interesting to track.
I need to clean up the formatting on the above, but … another day.
Some take aways from the week:
- I’m super stoked to be doing this program with Rochelle. I know I’m going to have to work hard, but I know it’s going to give me the results I’m after. I went longer than scheduled (and planned) last night and discovered my slow-ish easy run pace was a bit faster than the Corre Barri I did in October 2016. Let’s see how I do in the next one … scheduled two weeks before my half.
- I’ve already started bargaining with myself. That’s gotta stop and I just need to get out and do what’s on the books. Even if that means going out tomorrow morning at what-the-hell o’clock because I’m headed to Port Aventura on a 9.13 train.
- I’ve already found myself thinking, “okay I’ve got this pace, but I’ll NEVER be able to hold that for 2 hours.” Need to acknowledge those thoughts and just let them go. If I said it once during the 10k training, I said it a hundred times … “Trust. The. Process.”
- My knee started getting twingey last night, and bugged me to the point of not being able to do the stairmaster today after one-and-done (RSD 64) on the treadmill.
Week 2 … bring it on!